Lorna A Petschelt

Thursday, May 18, 2006

We're Going Home!!!


Thursday, November 18th 2004. I spent a restless night.
Nurses kept waking me up every hour in order to take my BP and temperature. How unnecessary!!!
As soon as I woke, went to the nursery to bring my daughter to my room. She was among at least 30 other babies, but my eyes could see only her. She was the most beautiful baby there, and the loudest, as well! Like I said earlier, like mother - like daughter...
On the way back to my room, I saw Ed and mom. Daddy was carrying Lorna's car seat. To me, that was a sign of freedom - we are going home...
However, hospitals have rule that baby had to be at least 24hrs old, to be released to go home. 5:00 PM seemed to be sooo far away...

But, we'll manage...

At about 11:00 AM, Lorna had her first bowel movement. Daddy changed her diaper, her first soiled diaper. And you know what, I think he even enjoyed it... Don't we all, just don't want to admit it???

After lunch, and nap, we're all dressed and ready to go home. Lorna was safe and sound in her car seat, mom, Ed and I very excited to finally start our life as a complete family...

We got home at about 5:30 PM. I was very surprised when I saw how busy my loving hubby was with decorating the house, inside and outside. Everything was welcoming Lorna home; pink balloons, the banners, stork. It was beautiful and I knew (once again) that I married the most wonderful man in the whole world, and I knew he was going to be the best daddy ever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home